1. My mom had to threaten to call a cab to take her to the hospital when it was time for me to be born.
2. My mom and I have the same first name- Verrena, but most people only know me by my middle name.
3. Cherry pie is my favorite, and I’ve even had it with candles on it for my birthday.
4. I love flowers, but I have a brown thumb.
5. I have climbed Mt. Fuji in Japan, watched ships go through the Panama Canal, and lived in Lima, Peru.
6. I was first in my family to go to college.
7. I’m proud to be a teacher in Indianapolis Public Schools, even though IPS gets a lot of bad press.
8. I have been foster mom to 11 children- though not all at the same time. (unlike my grandma, who had 11 children of her own!)
9. My three children are adopted.
10. I have been an Air Force and Army wife (my husband served in both branches) and am currently a Marine mom (my son is at Camp Pendleton).
11. I like to cook, but I don’t like to do the dishes.
12. I learned sign language at my church when I was in junior high, and interpreting for the deaf was my first paying job…if you don’t count babysitting.
13. I love my Kindle.
14. I am newtreemom because my daughter is going to Indiana State University- home of the Sycamores.
15. The thing I most hope could be ever be said about me is that others saw Jesus in me.