1. Last Tuesday, I was still at school with students. This Tuesday, I’ve been on summer break almost a week.
2. I claimed the allowed exemption for a mid-summer call to jury duty. (My name came up even though it has been less than two years since the last time I reported.)
3. I finally got a smart phone. (I love it!)
4. We took my nephew to a movie in a theater with recliner seats. His eyes popped out in amazement! (I kept dozing off throughout the movie!)
5. We have had day after day with scattered storms, with more coming, some severe. Maybe there will be poems…like this.
6. I bought a cantaloupe, which turned out to be just perfect. Maybe it deserves a poem, too.
7. Tough news from a friend- the ovarian cancer she beat has come back for another battle. Good news for my sister: she is cancer-free a year after her surgery. Awaiting news for my niece after exploratory surgery tomorrow- will there be a chance for another baby?
8. I went in for my annual mammogram…have you?
9. I read The Beginner’s Goodbye by Anne Tyler. I recommend it. Looking forward to a lot more summer reading!
10. I joined the Blogstitute at Stenhouse. This is the first week. The first blog is from Jeff Anderson and Debbie Dean, discussing their book, Revision Decisions, which I highly recommend.
11. I took part in a poetry workshop about list poetry at a local writer’s center. We read a lot of mentor texts, wrote a poem as a group, and spent some time writing on our own. I was somewhat awestruck by the amazing writers who were there.
12. Last Tuesday, I forgot Slice of Life and linked my slice on Wednesday. This Tuesday, I was getting on the computer for something else and shouted to myself, “It’s Tuesday!” and started reading slices for inspiration.