Here’s a random list of little (and maybe a big one or two) things to celebrate:
1. Although we still have two more weeks of school, this is a 4-day weekend! We had yesterday off and will be off with the rest of the country for Memorial Day on Monday.
2. I had a great time with my second sister yesterday. We took her 92-year old momma out for lunch- yum, strawberry shortcake at MCL Cafeteria. After we took momma back home, then we went to the dollar theater to see “My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2” for the second time. It’s not a classic or anything, but we did laugh just as much as the first time.
3. My daughter’s fiance has a birthday this weekend. We met with a bunch of family and friends last night for a birthday dinner. My daughter paid for my dinner. Wow. A new occurrence- that was the second time this month.
4. Thursday at school I went on the annual bowling field trip with the 4th-6th graders sponsored by our P.E. teacher. Everyone had a good time, and we received compliments from the bowling center staff on the behavior of our students. The bowling scores ranged from 11 to 128. 🙂
5. Excitement is in the air in our city this weekend as we anticipate the 100th running of the Indy 500! I grew up with Memorial Day picnics with a sound track of the race on the radio. My high school band got to march in the parade one year. I have been out to the track a few times through the years, though never on race day. My school is only a couple of miles from the track, and all throughout May, we hear the whine of the engines during practice days. Even though I am not a true race fan, you can’t help feeling the excitement in May and indulging in some home-town pride.
There are moments big and small worthy of celebrating that happen every day. Pausing to write about some of them feels good!
I am looking forward to being at AllWrite for the first time this year! Hope to meet some of you there!